Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Witnessing to the Danes...

So i work for a Danish company, and i went to dinner with 2 of my superiors tonight. We went to the Endless Summer Cafe in the harbor...mmmmmmm good!
So after some good food and some semi-meaningless conversation the subject turned to religion...( i may have had something to do with that... hehe ) and the focus turned to my beliefs. I was asked what type of Christian i was (they're brought up to be Protestant Christians in Denmark) and i told them that i was an evangelical, non-denominational Christian.
I told them that i believe in the historicity of the bible, the fact that Jesus died for my sins, that i believe that He was resurrected to the glory of God, and that He is coming back for me/us first to be raptured...then to come back with Him as he rides in on a great white horse and we're on little caballos blancos ( i borrowed that from Britt... haha )
What i did learn is that our main differences lie in the fact that the Bible is historically proven to be accurate.
They (the Danes) don't necessarily care if the Bible is accurate or not (well i do!). They just believe in what Jesus taught relating to how we should live our lives (o.k. i'm not mad at that)
So we talked briefly about historicity of the Bible and i made reference to the Dead Sea Scrolls and how the scriptures they found (book of Isiah) were accurate to the versions we had been reading for centuries... They were not impressed and again reverted back to their concept of not having to believe the accuracy of the Bible, but more of what Jesus taught.
Hmmmmmm...
So instead of beating the subject to the ground, i graciously agreed to disagree and kept the feeling of the 'discussion' a good one!
I know that the Holy Spirit will minister to them, and that the words spoken will not return void.

Praise God for giving me the boldness to speak my beliefs, and to not be ashamed of the gospel! Jesus is my saviour and I am blessed to be saved by grace.
I'm sure that they (the Danes) got that part without any confusion: that Jesus died so that we might live.

Dinner was good. :)


God Bless...

2 comments:

Kjaere said...

Good Job friend :-)

Classy Cassie said...

Lol! I guess that is more important than Guitar Hero. :) Aaaaa...Yeah!