Thursday, March 27, 2008

Iron sharpens iron!


So we all know the scripture...and we all know what it means...but today it was applied to me...yes, me!
A friend and I were e-mailing each other today and were talking about how our week has been and i answered honestly: i feel like the enemy has been messing with me this week...tempting me with the 'old' ways i was accustomed to. And that pesky little piece of worthless sludge kept messing with me until i gave in... and boy did i feel worthless for losing the battle...BUT, my friend reminded me of a very important verse regarding temptation... See if you can remember it before you read below...that's good practice for you because we all need to hide the word of God in our hearts...



No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.1Corinthians 10:13


Mmmmmmm...yes~ Iron sharpens iron!
I needed to be reminded of that verse because i am now reminded that my God is so faithful... and that He has provided many ways for me to overcome the schemes of the enemy, and they are found by praying and reading the Bible.

We need to keep talking to each other, and praying for each other friends! We need to keep encouraging each other as the day draws near! We need to be accountable to each other and we need to remember that we can pray for each other whenever the need arises... but most importantly we need to stay in the word. Even if you can only find a few minutes in the morning or evening...USE THEM TO READ YOUR BIBLE ;)

Any one of you can talk to me anytime about anything! I am always there for you if you need prayer too!!
I'm your brother in Christ and i love you.





God Bless!



1 comment:

Dawn said...

Where have you been? Are you coming back? Don't leave us hangin'