Friday, February 29, 2008

Not my will but Thy will be done...


the more we want things for self...the harder it is to give them up to the Lord. we have been trained to think that WE are the ones who make things happen and that if WE don't take care of it then who is going to?

I don't play that game anymore!!! I believe that God has a purpose for my life, and that my salvation was a part of His plan all along.
So to think that I have absolutely anything to do with how my life will play out is just dumb.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

And again i find myself in the place of getting on my knees and praying to God for wisdom. Praying that He will speak to me regarding my life, and what He has in store for me.
Praying that He will give me the strength to really surrender my life to Him.
Praying that He will teach me what it is to be a living sacrifice.
Praying that He will speak to me in His word, and that it become living and active in my life.
Praying,Praying,Praying... Yep... fundamentals huh?

Lord, i know you have wonderful things in store for me, but i want to be all about your business...not mine.
Help me to walk that walk. Help me to not worry about being alone. Help me to see more of you Jesus.


God bless.

3 comments:

Kjaere said...

Amen... Fundamentals...

Hey... I gave you a little promo on my blog... yeah for blog world :-)

Kelly O'Bar said...

Yay! Mike has a blog!



web.mac.com/kellyobar

Classy Cassie said...

Niccccccceeeeee! Could agree with you more. I think you should start to write more and more and more weblogs. Good stuff...that's fun! :)