Monday, February 25, 2008

Do i really have time to be 'blogging'...



Hmmm, blogging........

You know, i never really thought that i would have a blog, let alone the time or desire to keep one updated... but a really good friend of mine started this blog for me and i feel that i have let her down by not posting at least 1 blog.
So here is my first blog (wish me luck):

I don't know if i really understand the 'blog'. I mean i know what it means: web log ( right? ) but its' purpose still eludes me.
I guess i'm just supposed to write about things that interest me? Or am i supposed to try to think about things that will interest the people reading my HONEYBLOG. ( i like the name :) hehe )
dunno...but you can comment on that if you'd like.

So i'm gonna tell you about something that interests me... the ocean!
Sunday after church i went to Santa Clause beach to run my dog (that's her up above: Moana)...but the ocean was absolutely going nuts!!!
The waves must have been breaking 300 yards off shore! The ocean would 'drain' out really low, like 30-40 yards or something, and then it would rush all the way up the beach and hit the rocks!
Also I heard that there was, and I saw the aftermath of, a freak wave washed up over the train tracks all the way over the road...WOW...over the train tracks and up over the road.
I've lived here all of my life an i have never heard of the ocean coming that far up! It was kind of scary to tell you the truth.

So then i went and picked up Cassie, kidnapped Lisa, and took them to go look at the ocean.
We went to Little Rincon (AKA: Mussel Shoals or the Cliff House) and watched the HUGE waves come in, touching the bottom of the pier.
It was definitely a sight to see. And you couldn't help but 'feel' the energy of the ocean as you stood and watched it.

So then we went back to the Whoa-man complex and watched The Contract while eating chicken and pasta!

OH... another thing that interests me.. FOOD!! :)

So there it is... my first Blog.
Hope you like it. Maybe i'll get a wild hair and keep posting from time to time... we'll see.



God Bless.

2 comments:

Kjaere said...

Good job diving into blog world my friend... it's a nice place to be... I enjoy it :-)

Yes, the waves were amazing!

Dawn said...

Welcome to blogland!!

I was in Hawaii that day... The waves were great there too! :D